Skip to main content

LOCKDOWN LIFE


LOCKDOWN LIFE
#StayHome #StaySafe #StaySane

HOME

Khush yaar…, you know what, tomorrow we have this seminar on Software Testing and Quality Assurance for which we are supposed to download loads of applications and what not, and, and, on the top of it, its going to be for like six long hours ( with just half an hour lunch break) can you believe it…!

Firstly, the idea of working Saturday does not fit in my brain…
Secondly, it’s for six long hours…
No actually, five and half long hours, thirty minutes lunch break…, Khushi interjects.
Well, okay, I edit.
Secondly, it’s for like five and half long hours…
Lastly, ‘ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY’, I say it with a tinge of annoyance in my voice to my dearest roomie Khushi.

Wait, wait, wait, hang on there, take it easy bro…, says Khushi.

Well, you are right, but I really don’t want it to happen, you know. Khush, I was actually thinking to download all the required software tomorrow morning. What say? For now, I should just look forward to entering into land of blissful sleep.

Well, Vansh, whatever helps you float your boat, says Khushi shrugging her shoulders.

Why do you always have to inject that sarcastic comment Khush, not good, you know.

Vansh, I am your roomie, I have to be fair, I very well know waking up little extra early in the morning is not your cup of tea.

Ya, ya, whatever, I say it rolling my eyes.

Then our conversation gets drifted towards not so mindless tittle-tattle which then get interrupted by a ringing burbling sound of my phone.

Hi! Rita…, I say.
Hey, Vanshika, did you see the mail: It reads, college is going to remain closed till further notice due to outbreak of COVID-19.

For a micro second, I kind of gloated with a secret joy on the thought of seminar getting cancelled which I immediately bury down.

Well, the news of corona virus entering India had been floating around from quite a few days and as its proportion is increasing day by day, schools and colleges have been shut down.
Soon after talking to Rita, daddy rings me up and says or rather I should just say orders me to leave for home the very next morning, I could sense the worry etched his voice.

Next morning, I see that almost all hosteliers are either leaving the same day or the day after according to the booking of their tickets while some decide to stay back and go only after we are done with our final exams. Khushi chooses for the latter.

Vansh, I am going to miss you, I really don’t like coming back to this room when you are not there.
Aww… My Khush…
As always… My dearest Khushi always dispensing Khushi!
To which she smiles back revealing a lovely set of teeth.
Byee Vansh, do get me Thepla my gujju roomie, when you are back in maybe 15-20 days…, Says Khushi enveloping me in a massive hug.
Yes, Yes Sure! Byee Khush, see you soon and take care… 😊

Later, I bundle up into a cab with my little bag containing just two sets of night wear and my laptop and zip towards Wakad Mumbai-Pune Bus Stop. As cabbie took a longer route for god knows what reason, it took me little longer to reach Wakad. But when I did reach, cabbie and I bickered over the fare for quite a long time as it came out to be a little more. Well, eventually I did pay him the entire amount but I must a say, the bickering part was not at all an amicable one.
As I got off the cab, I spotted the bus to Navi Mumbai and as the cabbie had dropped me a little distance away, I quickly ran (well not exactly ran, maybe fast paced jogging sort of a thing, you see) hitching my bag on my shoulder towards the bus. Then, handing out the tickets, I resigned myself to a window seat.
I really love my Mumbai-Pune bus rides, you know. Its like my ‘ME TIME’ wherein I confess everything to Lord Shiva about all the things running in my head and currently the thing that is itching at the back of my head is unnecessary bickering with the cabbie.
Lord Shiva, it was his fault, he took a longer route because of which fare rose beyond its expected amount.
But Vanshika, it was just the matter of fifty rupees, c’mon you shouldn’t have acted that way. Also, with all the colleges and offices shutting down they are anyway going to face a hard time.
Yes, yes, okay I understand, but I didn’t think of it to such a depth and you know, bargaining is sort of just internalised in my DNA. I just cannot help it.
Oh, Vanshika stop giving lame reasons okay…
Phew, it kind of feels like a little tennis match is going on in my head.
Okay, okay, Lord Shiva. I apologize, I am really very sorry for the way I acted. Next time onwards I will only bargain looking at the situation and time. (definitely not in this time of corona).
So, after confessing everything to Lord Shiva, I enjoy my time looking outside the window, allowing my mind to wander in different places… well, its really very effective way of passing time, you see.
As I reached home, Daddy, Mumma and my baby brother Aarav greet me very warmly with their teeth flashing into a very white grin. I could see the flush of relief flowing through my daddy’s face seeing me HOME! 


                                                   MOMENTS

[GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES LOCKDOWN PHASE 1 (FROM 25 TH MARCH – 14 TH APRIL, 2020)]

So, daddy how do you plan to spend your next 21 days?
Well, I don’t know, we will figure it out with time, isn’t it? he says with a perplexed look on his face.
Oh yes daddy.

My mornings would start greeting everyone with Goooood Morning… you know, sort of singing the ‘O’ syllable and would make Mumma, Daddy and Aarav greet me back in similar manner. It actually works in creating a positive ambiance and it feels like you are literally sending out elements ahead of you that will arrange things to make your day GOOD!
Also, one of the things that makes me wake up early in the morning is watching ‘Ramayan’. Well, initially I didn’t felt it to be visually appealing but then considering the fact that it was made approximately 30 years back I just kind of gave it a shot and within a few days I got so involved in the story that watching Ramayan every morning felt like a daily dose of nice nourishing TV.

Daddy was right, within a few days each one of us got accustomed to our own routine registering a few SIMPLE yet very PRECIOUS MOMENTS…

LIKE…     

Daddy would wake up, do his pranayama, will freshen up, watch Ramayan and then spend the rest of the morning helping out his patnidevi with cooking. Like seriously! Lord Shiva I cannot believe it! of course Vanshika its for real, you are seeing it with your two big round eyes! 
And… with that my brain cells start operating in forming a caption. Well, it did take me a tiny bit of a time to perfectly land in my head… it is obvious, proper selection of words takes a bit of honing, you see!

I post a story saying:

Whenever daddy would tell me about his college days, he would always mention that he and his flatmate used to cook their own meal (for like two years) to which I would shoot him a baffled glare (saying: like really! I don’t believe it, with a hair flip :’)) well today he proved me wrong.
#GoodSideOfBeingHomeArrest

LIKE…

I lovee playing cards. But at the same time, I have no memories of playing cards with daddy… well, he would always get escaped making bahanas and today the same person agreed on playing cards with me is surely very surprising.

Well, well, with that my brain cells come into play and I post a story saying…

All my card playing memories are mostly with my dearest Chachu and cousins and any amount of convincing done for making daddy to join us would go in vain :’) and see today no convincing was needed! Also, I discovered, just like me my daddy too plays well.
#GoodSideOfBeingHomeArrest

LIKE…

As dudhwala, newspaper wala, house help and any outer person is restricted from entering the building compound, physical newspaper have now got replaced by e-newspaper, daddy is newly appointed dudhwala for the house and I am the newly appointed Jhadu-Pocha bai (with a few days of refreshment wherein Aarav and I would swap our duties so that the drudgery of doing same work do not get us).
Today was one of the days wherein I am wishing that the broom would magically sweep the house by itself or you know, clothes would magically arrange themselves into a series of neatly folded piles.  Oh Vanshika! come back to reality and get back to work!

And, and, with that my brain cells come into play and I post a story saying…
As the house help has been on chutti – I am the newly appointed Jhadu-Pocha bai from quite a few days now. Well, as I am aagyakari putri and sweet sa child Mumma doesn’t say me anything, but you see, appreciation seems to be far, far, fetched thing. Well, in her case not even a tiniest dust mole or tea ring could escape her forensic attention. And plus, baby brother also being an equal level of cleanliness freak sometimes makes me feel am I gene defective? But no, I am in experience gaining stage,
Aur mere:
Mann mai hai Vishwaas, pura hai Vishwaas,
Mujhe zarur prashansa prapt hogi ek din!
#LockdownDiaries

LIKE…

Listening to music always feel so peaceful! And especially in this time of corona it feels little more peaceful… right now I am listening to one of my favorites from passenger, Let Her Go…

And, and, with that my brain cells come into play and I post a story saying…

Well you only need the light when its burning low,
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow…
And …
You will only miss going out when you are confined to home :’)
#Music Nisandeh Is Therapeutic!

LIKE…

Spending days in a world of confinement (that is ghar ki chaar divari mai) even going to the terrace and getting exposed to the unlimited rays diffused by sun and getting hit by warm winds woven with threads of winter cold feels like freedom!

And, and, with that my brain cells come into play and I post a story saying…

I pretty much like this time of the day, yes, the time in our little terrace wherein Sun God pours in its rays bringing with it a delicious warmth…. Wind God bringing in its gently swaying soft wind with a tinge of coldness in it…. also, birds chirping in a rhythmic manner, you know, it feels very soothing to ears… (and guess what, bahar dekho to kuch traffic nahi, absolutely no horn ka irritating sound)
#GoingToTerraceIsSurelyNewGoingOutForMe

LIKE….

Today we got a mail saying there will be no final written examination for us instead we will have a virtual examination sort of a thing which will include vivas, presentations, projects and what not, sometimes making me feel it’s best to use airplane mode as a cloak of invisibility, you know, but that cannot help right, so wincing at the list of google classroom notification that is pushing its way onto the little screen my brain cells come into play and I post a story saying…

From last few days we are being badgered with too many online presentations, vivas, assignments, tests and what not, eventually creating a chaos in my head and making me feel: yaar isse better toh written exams hi ho jaate…(you know #NotSoGoodSideOfBeingHomeArrest) Well, at the same time, knowing the fact ki, anything done under the spirit of optimism will undoubtedly produce better results than negative mind set….toh bas phir: in my head I am constantly like :
 KARTE JAO, KARTE JAO
KARTE JAO, KARTE JAO
#VirtualExaminationInTheTimeOfCorona

Also, family time in this lockdown is different from pre corona phase you know, because now you are together all the time with a different mental state leading to different temperaments and different way of looking at things that is happening around. Family: no matter what, will always act as a protective shield in front of us.
I love listening to past stories from my parents about their growing up years and their journey there after which is sort of rooted to reality without any layer of mirch masala… , flipping through old pictures and reminiscing old memories that could move one to tears and laughter… playing board games and spending time just talking to each other at home instead of planning where to go what to wear.
There are few people who are stranded at hostels. (including my own friends.)
Also, a few who are stranded at their work city or work country…
Away from home…
Its even more difficult for them to cope up with the situation…
But in the end, all that is going to help us navigate through all this is accepting what it is and adopting on doing things that will keep us sane and positive. It can be anything, cooking, dancing, binge watching series and movies, binge reading, painting, playing games or registering into an online course, absolutely anything, you see… all that is important is to not let your mind get drifted towards negativity… its absolutely okay if sometimes you feel that your days aren’t productive, all that is important is to be sane and away from negativity. Also, sitting still leaves spaces for grief to get inside so its better that we keep ourselves busy in whirl of activities… (and if you do it with all your heart then, believe me even the mundane would feel magical!)
Also, we should be grateful and feel blessed that we have roof to live under and food to fill in our stomach… my heart aches thinking about the people who are struggling to survive, thinking about those people (and their families) who are tested positive. Lord Shiva, take care of them… and bless them with the required strength to tackle it.
And also, a very heart felt thank you to medical community (doctors, nurses and medical staff) Police, government officials, media people, volunteers for putting their lives on risk to keep us safe.
So, lets just be kind and spread positivity and collectively pray to God for the welfare of all and yes, maintain social distancing and follow rules not just for ourselves but also for the people around us.

Stay Safe Stay Home Stay Sane.

 MISSING

I am actually thinking to attempt watching something that is loved by all but still hasn’t tickled my fancy. You must give it a shot Vanshika, given the time you have got in your hands…
I think… and I think… and I think…
Yes! Marvel Movies it is! So many of my friends have suggested me to watch it saying, “Oh Vanshika, you must must watch it, its super good!”. And now, as I have decided to watch it all, they are surely going to be super happy knowing about it.
Well, I should also take in Aarav and make it Vanshika-Aarav Marvel Movie Time instead of just Vanshika Marvel Movie Time and Aarav being a huge Marvel fan, is surely not going to turn down my idea.
Well talking about Aarav, he is being passed on to tenth grade just like that (taking into consideration his previous term examination marks and unit test marks). Also, his tenth grade online classes have been started now. So, his day basically whirls around online classes, PUBG and sabka favourite Money Heist. Later, I go to Aarav to share my super good idea of Vanshika-Aarav Marvel Movie Time.

Hey, Aarav I was thinking that we should start re-watching marvel movies, one day – one movie, what say?  I say it smilingly exposing my not so white teeth.

Wait, wait, what did you say? We should re-watch it… matlab, you have watched it once already Di? Says Aarav with a hint of sarcastic smile dancing on his face.

Well, actually he is right, it’s a re-watch only for him not for me… I have not watched marvel movies. Well, I have watched couple of them, maybe, Spider Man Homecoming and Captain America only on Aarav’s request, but to be truthful I watched it half-heartedly, uninterestingly and hence, I don’t remember anything, you see. But as I just said him, we should re-watch I can’t exactly step back from my words, right?

Oh, Aarav I have watched them you know, maybe I just didn’t tell you about it….

Oh, I see, says Aarav elevating his right eyebrow and nodding his head as if he is interrogating me.

What? I say.

Nothing Di, I am definitely in for Vanshika-Aarav Marvel Movie Time. Anytime ready to watch Steve Rogers and Peter Parker, you see. By the way, Di, as you said you have watched them… who is your favourite?

Umm…, (now what should I say him… I haven’t even watched them all, favourite kaha se lau?) my favourite is Spider Man and Captain America, you see. Our choices are so varied na Aarav, I say it forcing a smile on my face to look normal.

To which he laughs…, he laughs like one of those snorty through the nose kind of laughter…
Di… Peter Parker is Spider man and Steve Rogers is Captain America… In fact, our choices are so similar.

Oh shit. Suddenly I am all lip locked not knowing how to respond.
Whenever I am stuck in a conversation wherein people around me are talking on a subject which sounds like an incomprehensible pile of gibberish to me, I always opt for smile and a nod, it kind of just serves me well on most of the occasions barring a few like this one.

Okay Aarav, I confess, I haven’t watched it. but it’s okay, it just doesn’t tickle my fancy, you see. But appreciate the change na… , now I really want to watch it all with all my heart to increase my Marvel GK, you see , I say it with a bright smile on my face.
He laughs…
You are such a drama queen Di…

Aarav! Don’t forget, I am 8 years older to you, you are not supposed to talk to me like that.
Ya, ya, whatever, he says rolling his eyes.

So, I allot a time slot for Vanshika-Aarav Marvel Movie Time (one movie a day) in my schedule.
Later in the evening I travel to the terrace and seat myself comfortably in a chair and just enjoying the gently swaying winds... later, I switch on my phone and open the folder named friends… I just got all emotional flipping through the images that made its way onto the little screen. 
Well…
Our last lecture has already happened without us knowing about it…
No farewell, no last day group photo, no last written examination…
When we left, we didn’t know then that it was our last day in Pune, in our college campus and in our hostel…
Yes, the batch of 2020 didn’t expect such an abrupt ending.
I miss them… my eyes getting little moist…
Last time when I went for an evening out with my best friends Rita and Nidhi, I didn’t know it was our last one in Pune…
I didn’t know then, when Khushi enveloped me in a massive hug while I was leaving was probably the last one…
Oh Vanshika, its okay, you just need to accept what it is…
And looking back at my college life it was just perfect: full of fun, a little drama, too many stories and a merry ending. Well, rather an unexpected abrupt ending…
Vanshika not again… there is absolutely no point dwelling on past.
And well, about the abrupt ending, that we can turn into a merry one once the world reopens… 😊

Also, in this time of corona, one thing which is surely going to annoy us all is internet taking up an untimely nap…
I would definitely not want any kind of interruption when I am video calling my besties Nidhi and Rita or when I am watching series or movies or playing online games. It would also be highly inappreciable by those who are working from home…
So, internet you better don’t take up an untimely nap 😂

Later I ring up my very special friend Rupa and talk to her about all that is going on in my life. sometimes its just a not-so-small-talk that you need to light up your mood. I am super lucky to have her in my life. she doesn’t judge me on what I say, she understands the fact that we all have our own funny little habits, that you know, I am not criticizing about the people around. I am just sharing what I feel… Well, I am truly blessed with the best.

Wait, wait, wait I didn’t tell you about the books that I have been reading right?!
Okay, so, I started out reading ‘The Palace of Illusion’, by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. In this book author has recreated the story of Mahabharat placing a woman in forefront. Yes, often the retelling of epic is surrounded around male heroes shadowing powerful women (be it Kunti, or Gandhari, or Panchaali) so, in this one, author has very beautifully peeled out the story of Mahabharat through Panchaali’s perspective bringing out her joys,  doubts, struggles, triumph and eventually understanding world and her place in it. it’s a must read.
It later made me hop onto Mahabharat (to know everything in detail) and eventually Bhagavad-Gita to exactly know what conversation took place between Lord Krishna and Arjuna.   

Till now, I have read approximately thirty percent of Bhagavad-Gita and today while reading it I came across below snippet: (something I resonated to looking at current situation)

“If we forget the purpose of human life and simply take supplies from agents of the Lord for sense gratification and become more and more entangled in material existence, which is not the purpose of creation, certainly we become thieves, and therefore we are punished by laws of material nature. A society of thieves can never be happy because they have no aim in life. The gross materialistic thieves have no ultimate goal in life.”
Its true, isn’t it?
Meanwhile government announces Lockdown Phase 2 from 15th April to 3rd may, 2020.
Lord Shiva, how long is this going to continue…

TRUTH

I see a lot of my friends missing Domino’s ka Pizza (or) Burger King ka burger and what not by kind of imagining it in front of their eyes and swooning over it. Haha. I just find it strangely funny. Maybe because I am not so much interested in food. I am quite happy with Mumma ke haath ka Thepla, Poha, Upma, Muthiya, Dhokla, Khakhra, Khandvi and Khichdi. My preference is quick and simple to procure… well, it’s just a good way to put, instead of saying ki I am one of those unlucky people who doesn’t really enjoy food and eats just to get requisite nutrients to stay alive.

Well, well, well, today Mumma made Khandvi and I kind of wheeled along with her observing the whole process of making it which I will just narrow down in three simple steps:
(with Oreo ko twist karo, dip karo tune ringing in my head)
-Pehele besan ko dusare ingredients ke saath mix karo.
-phir flat surface pe spread karo.
-phir bit-sized cylindrical shape mai roll karo!
Wait, wait, wait did I just say three simple steps. Well, I must put up a disclaimer here: its simple only for my super Mumma otherwise it is quite difficult.

Also, you know what, I have almost completed watching Marvel movies, only the last one Spider Man: Far from Home is left, which Aarav and I would watch today. I completely loved and enjoyed watching it and now if somebody asks me who is my favourite, I do have an answer, you see. Well, I love all of them with Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, Peter Parker and Groot just a little more. Plus, my virtual examination is now over leaving me little extra free time and with that I have also completed reading Bhagavad-Gita.

And from last few verses of Bhagavad-Gita I came across below snippet:
“In present age we unnecessarily engage the mind in so many different ways of sense gratification, and so there is no possibility of mind’s becoming satisfied. The best course is to divert the mind to Vedic literature, which is full of satisfying stories, as in Puranas and the Mahabharata. One can take advantage of this knowledge and thus become purified. The mind should be devoid of duplicity, and one should think of welfare of all.”

Its true, you know, Mahabharata is full of twists and turns and super interesting peeling out the message of Humanity and stating the fact that supreme power is always on the side of good, no matter what, virtuousness invariably wins over evil and one should always think of welfare of all. (Just like Tony Stark, Bruce, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff and all demigods coming together to fight against evil, saving the world and working towards welfare of all.
In the end.
“If one’s heart is in mode of goodness his faith is in mode of goodness”.

Also, one must read Bhagavad-Gita at least once in his/her lifetime. It’s a guide that shows us how we should be leading our lives to reach perennially blissful state and obviously to reach that state is difficult. While reading it you may find some of the things contradicting in this Kali-Yuga and some extremely difficult to implement in real life. But something that I followed and will like to suggest is, just read it and absorb for yourself. It surely contains answers to all your questions. But just read it with an accepting mind and not conflicting mind.

Meanwhile lockdown phase 3 passes in all this and government announces lockdown phase 4 and with that grants permission to stranded students and workers to get back to their homes. I am relieved to know that Khushi has reached home safely.
Next morning when I woke up I kind of felt empty.
-Ramayan ended a few days ago.
-Vanshika-Aarav Marvel Movie Time ended yesterday.
-Bhagavad-Gita reading time ended yesterday.
-No more preparation for virtual examination.

I am feeling oddly restless and sort of dislocated, I am missing having a reason to get up early, a purpose to my day. I know I can start watching any other series (or) start reading a new book (or) invest my time learning a new thing. But I just don’t feel like doing anything. I think my mind has shifted its gears towards entering into negative zone, ignoring all the feasible positive option.

My Goooood morning gets replaced my Good morning. Vanshika spark is slowly-slowly, day by day slipping away. Irritation and anger slowly-slowly occupying me. I could sense that my family is worried anticipating my strange behavior. But I don’t know, I just feel like to be left alone with no human interaction. So, I disappear into my room pick up a book to read but I just couldn’t that is when Aarav barges into my room in an effort to talk to me and to light up my mood.

Hii Di, I was thinking that we should start with our movie ritual again… what say?

No, I say pretending to be engrossed in reading book.

Di, you always wanted me to leave PUBG and play LUDO with you right? Umm, I am in. I know it sounds bizarre but c’mon Di lets play…

No, I say, again pretending to be engrossed in reading book.

Yaar Di, now I actually feel Groot ka condition is so much better than yours. At least Groot has 3 words in his database: I AM GROOT and you have only one: NO , says Aarav trying to inject his own brand of humour.

And… to it we both laugh uproariously.
Laughter…, yes, this laughter, does help in reducing the gravity of our miseries…

Di, I can’t see you sad, though I know you are eight years older to me, you have always made me feel like you are one my closest friend, you have always made time for me. I know, I always whine over you making me greet back Goooood Morning but Di we really do miss it… not only your Goooood morning but all your Pakao Jokes..

My heart swells up with immense love for my baby little brother…
My cutest little baby brother…, I say cupping up his chin in my hands.

Lesson learnt: I need to attend to my own happiness first and its only me who is responsible for my own happiness and if I am joyful, then certainly, I am joy to be around. Also, when we enclose ourselves with negative thoughts, discomfort seeps in… everyday seems painful to get through. So, its better we respond to negative emotions calmly and lightly. It will surely help us ease up our path ahead… and there is nothing wrong about taking some fraction of your day to be alone to recharge your batteries, but just let your family know about it.

Its better that we adjust to the reality and work our life around it and keep stitching happy, memorable moments. Also, there is no point in constantly fearing death well I clearly don’t mean we should stop taking up necessary precautions. We should definitely take necessary precautions but with that we shouldn’t constantly fear death to an extent that will make us go through sleepless night. The moment we came into this world we started out on our journey towards death. Death is inevitable but what really matters and hold importance is that we should keep working hard, be kind, perform our prescribed duties and spread happiness in this journey between birth-to-death.

Also, I discovered that, if we just free ourselves from all material entanglement then this life that revolves around Ghar-Ki-Chaar-Divari mai would seem to be a happy one!
Its not the time to think of our individual goals and dreams, its time that we come together and fight it together keeping humanity intact. As, the moment cruelty would escalate over humanity, the world will see its end…
So, lets just collectively pray for the welfare of all and most importantly have faith.

(Lord Shiva, I just wish some kind of magic happens and this virus disappears… vaise bhi, When it comes to the wishes of God… toh cheezon mai logic nahi sirf magic hota hai.)


Comments

Unknown said…
Zeel this is soo beautiful. You have written something which I believe most of us are experiencing in this lockdown. It was an amazing read
Zeel Shah said…
Thank you! :)
Anonymous said…
Beautiful

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE RECOMMENDATION: THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS...

'The Pursuit of Happyness' is a 2006 American biographical drama film directed by Gabriele Muccino starring Will Smith as Chris Gardner and Jaden Smith as Gardner's son, Christopher. The movie starts with Chris Gardner dropping his little kid Christopher to the playschool. Chris Gardner: [narrating] I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was.. Chris Gardner invests his entire life savings in portable bone density scanner which he sold for a living. Chris Gardner: This part of my life story .., this part is called riding a bus..  He was not able to sell enough scanners so as to pay the bills and the rent. The time lag between the sales and growing financial demands enrage his already bitter and alienated wife Linda, who works as hotel maid. Chris Gardner: This part of my life is called being stupid.. Trusting a hippie girl with his scanner (meanwh

DEAD LAKE BY DARCY COATES.

Dead Lake, a supernatural thriller by Darcy Coates is a story of an artist Sam, who is battling the artist block and hence decides to take a week off from city life and stay in recluse at her uncle's lake house cabin with no neighbours, no phone hence no distractions at all. But there is something deeply unnatural niggling in the lake. Sam discovers that someone is stalking her. She catches the glimpses of a tall, strange man standing at the end of dock, staring intently into the swirling water below, but when she goes out there he is gone...                  Most of the time she is hallucinating as she does not remember painting anything and yet her hands are covered with paint. Someone had crept into her cabin disabled her car and other communication devices leaving her stranded with no way of contact. Later, she discovers that a lot of people have gone missing on a hiking trails close to where she is living now. Will she survive? or will she just disappear like any ot